BLAIRGOWRIE YACHT SQUADRON
BLAIRGOWRIE YACHT SQUADRON
Our world-class Marina at the ‘pointy’ end of the Bay.
Nestled in the picturesque and historic Cameron’s Bight, one of Victoria’s first settlements, the Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Marina is located in the very heart of all the attractions that the Mornington Peninsula has to offer.
PORT PHILLIP BAY
Located in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula
Nestled in the picturesque and historic Cameron’s Bight, one of Victoria’s first settlements, the Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Marina is located in the very heart of all the attractions that the Mornington Peninsula has to offer. Located an easy hour and a half’s drive south of Melbourne, the Marina faces north on Port Phillip Bay. And that means we enjoy the type of offshore wind that makes for perfect Bay Sailing during the summer season. Our location just east of Sorrento, also makes us an ideal base for the recreational sailor to explore Port Philip Bay, the renowned cliffs of Portsea, historic Quarantine, The Heads and Queenscliff, on the Bellarine Peninsula side of the Bay. The surf beaches of Bass Strait are close by, and Blairgowrie’s bustling seaside village is a couple hundred metres down the road.
When you choose to berth in the BYS Marina you’ll enjoy convenient boat access, more on the water boating time and more social time! BYS Marina and Clubhouse ‘full lifestyle’ options provide Members and Guests with every type of boating experience, from competitive Yacht Racing of all types and sizes through to Cruising, Fishing, Marine Rescue and training. Perhaps that’s why we enjoy a reputation as a favoured ‘on water’ destination for Victoria's boating community.
The Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Marina Facilities and Services
- 325 modern berths for Sail and Power boats, ranging from 8m to 25m
- Berth Licenses up to 18 years can be purchased privately
- Berths for both long-term visitor licenses of 1 to 5 years
- Short and long term rentals
- Casual visitor berths
- Modern Clubhouse facilities include Food & Beverage, Conference, Laundry
- Hard Stand with Crane, perfect for performance sports yachts up to 3 tonne
- Travel Lift for launching and retrieving boats up to 20 tonne / 40 feet
- Washdown Bays for light maintenance and antifouling
- Onsite Marina Operations Management provide Security, Inspections, basic care and services of mooring lines, power and water. Fuel available at Queenscliff and Martha Cove
- Private Jetty and Hard Stand, in addition to the Public Jetty and BYS Sponsored Dive Platform
- BYS Club Boats for Member use, range from off-the-beach dinghies and windsurfers through to sports yachts and yachts with supervision for people with disabilities
- An extensive fleet of BYS Rescue Boats. Primarily used for competitive sailing events within the BYS Sailing Program plus International, National and State Championships
- Southern Peninsula Rescue – Two vessels and local office above the BYS Training and Marina Operations Centre
- Extensive Power and Sail Training is provided at BYS as per BYS published programs, where Training and Volunteering provides an exceptional opportunity to either improve existing skills, learn new skills in power and sail boating plus share experiences with others
- Competitive Yacht Racing. Keel yachts of all sizes, Sports yachts plus Off-the-Beach dinghy racing with many high-profile State, National and International Regattas
Berth Leasing and Rentals
BYS has a number of short-term casual visitor berths available to rent within the Blairgowrie Marina, mainly berth sizes of 10m and 12m, larger boats can be accommodated on our T-Heads, when available, for short periods. Visitors can enjoy all our member facilities including access to the clubhouse with its bar and dining services.
Privately owned berths also occasionally become available to rent.
Being a Berth owner at BYS gives you access to all the facilities and services the Club has to offer. The Blairgowrie marina currently has 325 wet berths, so be sure to check regularly as there will often be opportunities to purchase a berth.
Berth holders are required to hold Full membership at Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron and pay quarterly berth fees. All vessels in the Blairgowrie marina must abide by the BYS Marina Rules.
Marina Rules are for the benefit of all
The Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Marina has a clearly defined, easy to understand set of rules to ensure the safety, amenity and peace of mind of all Pen occupants. They are also designed to safeguard our Marine environment and satisfy our obligations under our Planning Permit and approved Operating Environmental Management Plan (OEMP). We would ask that you please familiarise yourself with them and adhere to them.